Thursday, August 18, 2011

ZARO'S BAKERY

ZARO'S BAKERY
NEWARK, NEW JERSEY
(LOCATED INSIDE GATEWAY CENTER)


This is a small corner bakery found in the middle of Gateway Center, New Jersey. As soon as you walk out of the Path Station and walk down the escalators, you will immediately see the yellow and black sign to the entrance of the bakery. You can't miss it. 

Service Staff always looks clean.  They are uniformed. Line is never long. As I walk by most days, I sometimes see a line, but it quickly diminishes in about a minute or so because staff is quick. They always have someone stationed to do a particular task.  Coffee is self served. So no mistakes on that department.

Food  (Buttered Challa bread and coffee). Originally, I walked in for a cup of coffee, but decided to grab a butter roll, just a quick breakfast.I had no time to breath. I had to go!! One girl who took my order said they only had poppy seed rolls. I just don't favor that. It's a seed I hate due to the black seeds that get stuck between my teeth. So, I told her I'd pass. I was ready to pay for my coffee, but another cashier made a  recommendation for a buttered "Challa" bread. At first when she said it, I thought she pronounced it as "Balla" bread. I was scared to try this "Balla" bread, but being a food critic I had to try it. So I agreed. As I got to my desk, I opened it and sure enough it was that sweet bread I knew as "Challa." It was like opening up an early Christmas gift.

The bread is delicious. It was so fresh as if it just came out of the oven. Soft and sweet. It was buttered also so that was double my sweetness with the Challa bread. Along with the coffee it is the perfect combination for a quick breakfast on the go.You can smell the brew from out the door. Milk and other condiments to go along with your coffee are all encased in an ice box, so you know milk and etc is never bad.

Recommendation -  Great spot!! If you are on the go to work and have no time for long lines, this would be the spot. Coffee is great. No LINES!! Very important!!! Staff makes recommendations if you can't really decide on what you want.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you like coming to our store! My co-worker and I always try to speed up the line because we understand customers have to run to another train or bus from Penn. I felt bad that we didnt have what you really wanted and i couldn't run down to our main store because of the line! I couldnt leave you hungry, so i made a suggestion. Our challah rolls are awesome and im happy you enjoyed it! Thanks for the review!

    p.s. i'm the cashier!

    -Lin<3

    ReplyDelete